Give Me Some Greatness

It always remains true that if we had been greater, circumstances would have been less strong against us.--George Eliot, Middlemarch.

So the marshmints are gone (sniff!), the stollen is past its highest allure, the eggnog has been drunk and I am ready to segue self and family gently back towards the Right Path.

Then someone-who-shall-remain-nameless* dumps a deluge of candy and junk on the house.

Ack! Why do people do this? Why why?? Expensive Harry and David junk**, that you don't feel okay about just pitching. DH is off work so he can't take it in there. I will ask DH to make it disappear*** but a part of me will be wondering about those malted milk snowballs and that fabulous peppermint bark.

I know most of us don't have perfect circumstances. Our spouses buy yummy junky stuff, we work long days with little chance to exercise-- the bottom line is you have to dig in, get your priorities clear, do it for yourself.

I just need to find where I put my big-girl panties. Anybody seen 'em?

* my MIL
** Don't I sound ungrateful?
*** He threw it out *sob*

Comments

  1. ...Still looking for mine, too...(wanders off and rummages through another drawer) No worries, we'll find them soon, and then greatness will be ours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wearing them! Only they are kickass supergirl tights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, same thing happened today!!!! I came home and a huge basket of goodies were on my kitchen counter from my mil. Still not what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! Did you find your big-girl panties in time for Zumba?

    I had to look up marshmints. Did you know there is/was (at least two years ago) a marshmint club?
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081224122648AA7G2D6

    I hope you have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll find them...I know you will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I once told my MIL how much the people at work appreciate all the candy because the kids can't possibly eat it all.
    We haven't gotten any since.
    hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. FUNNY! I am in the bathtub writing this - i know- and there is a platter of cookies and candies in the dining room.I was just thinking about throwing it out when I get out of here. yep. That is exactly what I am going to do!
    Haha! no- not ungrateful at all.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year 2011!
    I love your pics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts