My friend and I met for exercise at 6:30 am every day this week.
1. I gained 2 pounds
2. I feel better than when I started and much better than midweek, when I was colossally sore
3. I look firmer
4. My blood sugars did not improve
5. It wasn't really all that terribly hard
6. It was a nice little social contact
7. Gym's busy at 6:30 in the morning
8. I missed Zumba, literally and figuratively
My eating was slack this week-- no heinous gobbling, but too many extra bits of chocolate and things. I'm quite sure those nibbles add up dramatically. I think I had this "it's okay" thought because I was going to the gym every day, but I recall from experience that the short weight/elliptical workouts don't burn much in the way of calories-- Zumba/hiking are the real calorie chewers. I could have gotten away with my 300-400 calories in nibbles on a Zumba day. It's very possible I made Zumba less of a priority because I "already worked out." What to do for next week?
1. Take Wednesday off from the morning.
2. Add 2-3 Zumba classes back in.
3. Adhere more closely to 5-Factor eating, specifically: eat five times and do not pop a handful of raisins or chocolate chips and pecans at random intervals. At least sit down or something. Geez.
4. Eat protein and vegetables for dinner-- see if that lowers am blood sugar.
5. Fruit or veg every meal.
There, I tried to pack my list with Do's versus Don'ts.
I still don't know ultimately how much I can accomplish with weight loss, but I'm pretty sure I'm not there yet.
How was your week?