Monday, April 18, 2011

Let Them Eat Cheese

For those of you who want to power your paranoia about sugar:

Is Sugar Toxic?

Flood waters of my first semester teaching are starting to recede around me. I've missed you all -- *mwuh mwuh*. I got on the scale yesterday, which was not as bad as I feared, though it does kind of unwind me back to-- let me check my sidebar-- July of 2009. I haven't resorted to The Other Wardrobe, which I think I boxed and put in the attic, but the current wardrobe definitely has that gaping-pocket thing going. That's okay, because I've been hoisting my weights and I have confidence the above article is going to help with cutting back on the sugar creep. For the kids too. Yikes.

6 comments:

  1. Sugar is the worst thing in the world for me...and I love it.

    I finally realized about 1 1/2 years ago that it makes me crave things I wouldn't normally crave, in a crazed, compulsive way.

    So sugar is usually a no-fly zone for me - all accountability goes straight out the window.

    I'm glad the "Other Wardrobe" is staying in its box...the gaping pockets will soon settle down nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that when I have lots of sugar, I want more sugar - but if I generally stay away from it, I am happier and have less cravings.
    Good to "see" you again!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!!! Happy Spring to you!

    Now I have this vintaged song in my head, "Sugar. I call my baby my sugar..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sugar has a hold on me I can not seem to break free from!
    AGH!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been out of control with sugar lately!
    I have got to get this under control!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. What happened to Larkspur?? I was addicted to this spot for weeks and now you've disappeared? We miss you.....

    ReplyDelete