Thunk

That's the sound of me coming back to earth. It was going to be so easy, right? I'm going to eat moderately and the birds will sing and I will float down 25 pounds like a leaf on a whisper of wind.

Hah.

My body apparently did not endorse this scenario. I am eating moderately, My Fitness Pal keeps assuring me that I will see wonderfully lower numbers on the scale, but it is Not The Case.  I've been having trouble sleeping because I'm getting hungry at night-- either not getting to sleep until I have a snack, or waking up uncomfortably hungry. Since I am not prepared to sacrifice my sleep or go hungry during the day, I guess I'm going to have to be happy about the 6 pounds I lost and not expect too much more.

 I guess the deal is that I have one of those bodies-- big shocker, really. You know, where people assume you're hitting the pastries because you're big, when you really eat less than 2000 calories. I suppose between perimenopause and thyroid issues and a long history of weight struggles including anorexia and borderline obesity, I should not be shocked that I find it difficult to lose weight. I should be grateful I am not somebody who maintains 400 pounds on 2,000 calories a day.

So the decision is, I'm going to keep eating this way because I feel good on it (except for the hungry at night problem). I no longer have biliary pain, I enjoy my food more, find meal planning way less stressful, and I don't get uncomfortably full-- those things are all well worth having.

So I'll be making friends with this body morphology. Isn't my husband's soap dispenser cool? I dragged him to Home Goods where he kindly put up with my debating all the options.  It was like something out of an SNL skit.
I am also going to work on getting kick-ass fit :)

Comments

Popular Posts