Inside My Squirrel Brain

So I have been 16:8 for a year, and to recap the bennies:

No more apthous ulcers
Huge reduction in middle aged aches
Blood sugars no longer prediabetic
Stable weight even though I eat a lot and not always the best things

All good, yay me. But not thin. BMI still 29.9999999 repeating. And a moon face.

Which brings me to:  should I shorten my eating window? Go one meal a day?

Pros: Would probably lose weight.

Cons: 

Bad for my pancreas/insulin regulation?
Working a busy job full time, I would have to do my eating late-- not a fan*.

On the other hand:

I could reduce my window to five hours, say, 1-6 to lose the 20 pounds I want to lose (my desires are modest), and then go back to 16:8 and hope it stays off.

So I could do that, or I could clean up what I am eating in my existing 8 hour window. Hmmm...

Been having a really rough time getting exercise since I started back full time. So I gotta figure that out too.



*Valter Longo feels it is extremely dreadful not to eat breakfast. 
*Insulin sensitivity is better earlier in the day and early calories seem to be less fattening than late calories, and yes I can cite some studies for that.
*Satchindinanda Panda wants you eating your food while it's light out.
*I did basically a late 19/5 when I was a disorganized 12 year old who didn't eat breakfast or bring lunch, and it was not slimming in my case.

Comments

Popular Posts