Blogoversary!

I've spent the week Really Pretty Sick, as opposed to Head Cold Sick-- bronchitis and green icky stuff and no oomph to spare apart from the basics to care for family and self. Today I was playing Rock Lobster on my ipod and found myself dancing, so I am cautiously hopeful things are looking up.

It's my One Year Blogoversary. I'm going to mark the occasion by posting one thing I'm proud of, one thing I'm bullshitting myself about, and one thing I want to reflect back on with relief when I am snuggling in with Mr. Larkspur tonight. I'd love to see you do the same, except for the snuggling part. I am unfortunately territorial regarding Mr. Larkspur. You understand.

1. Proud of... making better friends with my body, gently stripping away some denial, and moving away from diabetes over the past year. (Can I count that as one?)

2. Bullshitting about... thinking I can't lose more weight. If I cleaned some things up consistently, I suspect I could do better.

3. Looking forward to... drinking iced tea (not lab-created diet soda) and eating whole foods instead of sweets, except for a spoonful of my daughter's life-enriching chocolate chip cookie dough if she happens to make any. There is definitely a sharp curve with homemade cookie dough. No cookie dough is lower on the life experience scale than the peak of one spoon, the graph dropping at two spoons, falling sharply at three spoons and then descending into depths we won't get into. Too bad blogger doesn't have a graph function.

Do you have a 1-2-3 to share?

Comments

  1. Happy Blogoversary!

    After a crappy week, my 1-2-3 is not very upbeat:
    1. Proud of...trying to be assertive in situations when I'd rather go and hide (and eat).
    2. Bullshitting about...that a "friend" who stopped speaking to me 5 years ago really wants to fix things (she just contacted me today).
    3. Looking forward to...getting my arse out of this slump/rut I've been ruminating for a while and GETTING ON WITH IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogoversary to you!!!

    1. Proud of...getting back on track after the chocolate chip cookie dough fest at my house last weekend.

    2. Bullshitting about...same as yours! I've been gaining and losing the same 3 pounds for months now. I've also been thinking I've been working out hard enough, but in actuality? I could be a lot more consistent.

    3. Looking forward to...the 3-day weekend! I'm hoping the weather is nice enough to get outside and play with my family! And maybe plant some tomato plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogoversary!

    1. Proud of...maintaining my loss for this long.
    2. Bullshitting about...progress on home remodeling. I should be further along.
    3. Looking forward to...well, nothing really, since you're being all "hands off" with Mr. Larkspur. I got nothing now.

    :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogoversary Larkspur!!!

    1) Proud of undoing years of damage and maintaining my loss to date.
    2) I thought you hit the nail on the head with this one.
    3) I am looking forward to a great three day weekend (hopefully with no urgent issues)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogoversary!

    I like this 1,2,3 idea!

    1. I'm proud of getting into a gym habit that has become part of who I am

    2. Bullshitting about the same thing you are!

    3. Looking forward to looking fabulous in my wedding dress in october (I'm trying it on next week for the first time since I ordered it last year!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogoversary! You should be proud of all you have accomplished! And proud of yourself to know you are bullshitting yourself! Here's to year two!
    Have a pretty night!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts