Thursday, May 28, 2009

Me and Ben Franklin

Cranky Fitness raises the excellent point that exercise is non-negotiable component of good health, at least in mice (see today's post about the mouse study). Even Ben Franklin lifted weights-- he did, I kid you not, though I am too lazy to climb the stairs for the biography where I found this information.

Well, Ben and I have a lot in common, because I five-factored yesterday knowing that today (a grueling, deeply irritating work day) would not be conducive to exercise. Note to self to post on My Views Why Americans Are Fat. NB: our work culture is a big part of it. I am very, very proud to say that the Best of Men got up both yesterday and today to work out. I was groggy and unhelpful. I seem to be incapable of working out at 6:30 am. Maybe if I took a shower first.

I did enter my food on Livestrong's The Daily Plate, just because it amuses me. Yesterday was in the realm of 1800ish and I dropped two pounds, which is two pounds that kind of showed up at the last minute anyway-- 188 it is. I have a fantasy I might do some cardio tonight with my new ipod, but then again I might not. Back to it tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for you and Ben Franklin!

    As it happens we're watching the HBO John Adams miniseries on netflix, in which Ben features prominently. He sure seemed like a healthy old coot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Great Crabby McSlacker! You visited my humble blog! Let me pull up a chair... a drink... something healthy... Fuze? No? Green tea? There's some around here...

    The biography is The First American by HW Brands. Guy was amazing. He had a primitive copy machine, among other things.

    ReplyDelete