One of Those Rambling Posts

So my brother was here (yay), but for an incredibly short time (boo). Sunday we took the Segway tour of Gettysburg battlefield, which was beautiful and cool and Segways are fun, but I didn't walk at all and I thought I had a blood clot, my knees were so stiff after. It was late and we were hungry and ended at a pizza place for dinner, even though it was not technically Cheat Day. I had two slices of pepperoni, half a Greek salad and a handful of peanut M&M's because any cheat meal needs dessert. No exercise at all, all weekend. Today I woke up exhausted (had to drive brother to airport at 6:30) and I've been low-energy and short-tempered all day, resulting in a tempest in our usually calm domestic teapot. So I don't think I can blame eating refined crap + failing to exercise for my hostile, depressed mood, but I can tell you I just want to curl up and hide. Like an octopus. I am hoping after dinner to hide out at the gym. Put my headphones on and just zone out. I am confident I will not show a loss for this week, unless there is some weird suspension of physical laws. I'll be lucky if I hold steady.

Comments

  1. It sounds like a good time with your brother. If you don't show a loss for the week, it is not a big deal. That is a small price to pay for quality family time. I hope the rest of your day got better. Here's to hoping there is some weird suspension of physical laws on weigh-in day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts