Challenge Update

Under the wire.

I'm moving toward my big goal-- looks like 3/7 pounds down to make 171 by the new year. I have been on and off deciding whether I have flu, so I only got in a couple of weight workouts and two or three Zumba this week. Planning has been erratic. I feel like I need to go say a couple rosaries or something: Forgive-me-Father for I haven't managed to keep clear focus this week. I've been working on my novel quite a bit as I have, or imagine I have, the time to do it, and I am kind of weaving in and out of a fictional world. The here and now has some urgent claims on my time so I better get my shit together. But I am happy, overall, that my way of eating is pretty overlearned so it's not hard to follow when I get short of time or confused. I'm lucky I've found something that keeps the calories reasonable even when I don't manage to plan carefully.

I have been kicking around the idea of Weight Watchers as the wonderful Foodie McBody (whom I view as a guide in this insulin-resistant jungle) is now a leader and a huge booster. My husband is mildly resistant. He thinks I'm doing fine on the current system and pointed out that we have (1) home equipment (2) a Gowear Fit band and (3) two gym memberships. Is more really necessary? That kind of took the wind out of my sails. So that one's on hold. Just as well, until I get my fictional characters to a place of safety, I don't think I will be able to concentrate properly.

Have a great, focused, flu-free week, everybody!

Comments

  1. Weight Watchers is awesome, but with some great resources and googling skills, you can pretty much figure it out on your own without the membership. E-mail me and I'll let you know where there is a great message board full of info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whether you have the flu or not, I hope you get very well soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts