Reality Check

The Livestrong boards recommend measuring in many different ways, so hopefully something will have improved and you can feel encouraged. I took these pics this morning partly to distract myself from the scale not budging (dumb scale!) and the glucometer reading way high-- not diabetic high, but cheat day high. I will attribute that to the bean soup at Bob Evan's last night. I bet everything at Bob Evans has a sky-high GI index, even if it's not supposed to. My first pics had toothpastes bits all over the mirror. I hope everyone in blogland appreciates that I cleaned my mirror just for you.

This is what a BMI of 28 looks like after 5 weeks of 5-Factor. I still don't think I'm apple shaped, humph. I guess my beta cells haven't read the research.



I took this one to demonstrate the all important fit of the waist of my jeans. You big-booty ladies out there (not to imply that any of my distinguished readership has a big booty) will know what I mean.

Comments

  1. I find that photos and measurements are much more of an indicator than weight. My weight stayed the same for SO long and yet I was dropping sizes so I knew I was doing the right thing.

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with taking photos and measuring yourself. I also track my body fat percentage. It really give you an accurate picture of where you are going.

    BTW, for what it is worth, I don't think you look like an apple body either, and I don't think you look like you have a BMI of 28%. Remember, BMI is not the most accurate measurement as it doesn't take into account lean body mass. I am going to post something about this on Monday or Tuesday. You might find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts